Shopping Cart
Your Cart is Empty
There was an error with PayPalClick here to try again
CelebrateThank you for your business!You should be receiving an order confirmation from Paypal shortly.Exit Shopping Cart

The La​w Office of Denise M. Lagway

Call (281) 651-5747

Payment Plans Available

Most Credit Cards Accepted

Family Law


Because "until death do you part” is a long time when you are married to the wrong person.

Contested or Uncontested Case. Are the parties are in agreement on how marital property will be divided and how child support, child custody and visitation will be handled? Or will these issues need to be resolved by negotiation, mediation or perhaps ultimately resolved by the Court in a trial?

An uncontested divorce is where all the matters of the marriage, including those involving the children are settled without intervention by the court, mediation, arbitration, negotiation of opposing position. If these issues need resolution because there is no agreement between the spouses, then the matter is contested.

Contested divorce is when the opposing party retains legal counsel for representation and the attorneys have to negotiated opposing position or a third party (i.e. mediator, arbitration, or the court) has to make the decision.

At the Law Office of Denise M. Lagway we respect your time and financial resources by handling selected uncontested divorce cases. At a price you can afford we work with you to resolve your divorce in the most cost-effective manner. We offer flexible payment plans so we don't have to nickel and dime you for our services.

Name Change

Thinking about changing your name? Why not? There are many good reasons why an adult or a parent of a child would want a name change. Whatever the reason, as long as it is not for fraudulent or illegal purpose like avoiding criminal prosecution, civil law suit, creditors or identity theft then you may request a name change from the court system. Once you legally change your name, then you can officially use your new name on all government and financial documents.

Adult: As an adult you can change a name for a variety of reasons such as personal choice, changing your name after a divorce, or sharing the name of a spouse because you two decided to hyphenate your last names.

Child: There are many reasons why a parent of a child would want to a name change for their child. The absence of a parent in the child’s life, paternity resolutions or the child desires the same last name as current family members, difficulty in pronouncing given birth name and more.

Whatever the reason, contact the Law Office of Denise M. Lagway for a name change. We both will be happy that you did.

Information provided by this website is for general purposes only. It is not legal advice, nor is it intended to be use as legal advice for any situation. Free consultation does not establish a client-attorney relationship. The Law Office of Denise M. Lagway can only give legal advice after a client-attorney relationship has been formed.